Payment Plans, Restitution & Fines and Court Costs
The Clerk's office cannot help you with preparing or correcting your file.
It is illegal. Va Code 19.2-392.2
PAYMENT PLAN POLICY (PDF)
I. Payment Plan:
- Print and complete: Payment Plan (PDF)
DO NOT fill in:
Signature fields (unless in the presence of a notary)
- File at Clerk of Court 8:30am-4:00pm, Monday- Friday:
Completed Payment Plan
Down payment to start: see Payment Plan
DC-30 to take to DMV for reinstatement of License if applicable.
II. Community Service to Defray Fines and Costs
- Print and complete Motion (PDF) Form: a. You will receive a Court date when you file
- Print and complete Petition (PDF):
a. You must sign in presence of Deputy Clerk in our office or Notarized
- File both the Motion and Petition in the Clerk's Office
- Community Service can not be used towards Restitution
ATTENTION: You must submit a Petition (PDF) and Notice and Motion (PDF) to the Court, and appear before the Judge if you wish to change the terms of the Payment Plan. A Petition is not a guarantee of approval.
III. How to make payments on your plan/case(s):
- Pay in person:
Fredericksburg Circuit Court Clerk's Office:
Cash, check, money order, Visa or Mastercard. (Credit/Debit Cards will incur a 4% fee.)
- Pay by mail:
CLEARLY PRINT name and case number on each check or money order. (Make payable to: Clerk)
Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like a receipt.
Clerk of Court
701 Princess Anne Street Suite 100
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Pay by phone: Phone payments are not accepted
- The Judge may order you to pay fines and court costs (PDF):
Court costs are determined by the legislature and are broken down into different categories.
The Clerk does not have the authority to waive or abate these costs.
If you have questions regarding these costs please contact your attorney or review the Code of Virginia.
- Waiver of Interest on Fines & Costs
You may be able to waive interest on your fines and costs, not restitution, in accordance with Virginia Code 19.2-353.5
You must complete and file the following accurately and completely:
a. Request for Waiver (PDF)
b. Certification of Incarceration Period (PDF) (completed by you and an official from the jail/prison where you were incarcerated)