Roller Hockey Rink
Located in Dixon Park, 1300 Dixon Street. This newly constructed outdoor roller hockey rink includes a custom Riley Manufactured board system and a NOVA Play II flooring surface featuring the Capitals logo. The rink also features a Daktronics scoreboard with the Capitals logo. The rink has been built as a partnership between the Washington Capitals and the City of Fredericksburg, with generous support from the new Fredanthropist program and the Fredericksburg Youth Roller Hockey organization.
Hockey Rink Rules:
- Rink for Inline Hockey and Deck Hockey play ONLY
- Use at your own risk
- Wear inline skates or tennis shoes only
- The Parks, Rec. & Event staff reserve the right to schedule rink usage. View rink calendar here and also check the rink kiosk for schedule.
- No Soccer or Futsal, no skateboards, no bicycles, no dogs, no spectators, no glass, no abuse of goals or other equipment.
Location: Dixon Park is located at 1300 Dixon Street, which is on Route 2 and 17 across from Mayfield subdivision.
Rink Hours: open dawn to dusk
Sunday, January 5th @ 12:30pm EST
Join us for the first ever Fredericksburg Spirit Day with the Washington Capitals vs. San Jose Sharks on January 5th at 12:30pm!! The special ticket offer below includes a Capitals T-shirt which can be redeemed outside Section 409 or 424 from an hour before puck drop until the end of the 2nd intermission.
A portion of all ticket proceeds will go towards the Fredericksburg Parks, Recreation, and Events! Limited number of tickets are available, on a first-come, first-served basis. BUY GAME TICKETS HERE >
- 100 Level Seating: $139
- 200 Level Seating: $135
- 400 Level Seating: $54
- *All tickets will include a Caps Custom Ink T-Shirt at the Game
- Please contact Matt Bechtel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Ride with us to “Fredericksburg Spirit Day” on a bus sponsored by Exterior Medics. We depart from the Dorothy Hart Community Center, 408 Canal Street, Fredericksburg to the Capital One Arena in D.C. Bus is expected to depart at 10:00am on January 5th and return by 7:00pm. BUS SIGNUP HERE >
- Seats are $10 per person, and are available first-come, first-served.
- Sign up for the bus online or in person at the Dorothy Hart Community Center, 408 Canal Street.
Please feel free to call our front desk at 540-372-1086 or email us now.
Our community is able to enjoy this new public rink thanks to the incredibly generous businesses and individuals who contributed to the construction. Read more >
There's still time to advertise! We are still accepting advertisers for the Dasher Boards.
- Get local! Be in front of area hockey fans and athletes
- Make it count! All advertising funds directly support rink construction and equipment (we need lights and bleachers next).
- Limited number of dasherboards available in 1 year increments.
- Advertise on our rink side dasher boards (30” x 96”) for one or two years. Prices below include the one artwork production per year. Advertisers have the option to change out artwork on their dasher boards more frequently, but will need to cover the cost of the artwork production and installation (approximately $200 for each artwork change). Maximum of two panels per advertiser.
Advertisers will be installed within approximately 4 weeks of commitment and payment. Don't delay! Advertise on our boards now while spaces last.
|1 Panel||$3,000 for one year||$5,000 for two years|
|2 Panels||$5,000 for one year||$8,000 for two years|
Advertisers will have first right of refusal to renew their advertising space. Limited number of dasher boards are available, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Advertisers must abide by the City of Fredericksburg Advertising Policy. Once all boards are filled, we will accept a waiting list for interested dasher board advertisers.