Operating Status and Schedule Changes
City Government buildings are now closed to public access. City departments are still available for your needs; and phone and emails are being answered.
Departments have posted schedule changes, meeting cancellations and other important information below:
Boards and Commissions:
The City is working with Boards and Commissions to delay or schedule virtual meetings due to the Governor’s Order to not hold gatherings of more than ten people.
Order Transitioning to In-Person Court Proceedings
Beginning May 18, 2020 transitioning to in person court proceedings may begin. View Court Order.
The Chief Justice entered an order declaring a judicial emergency for all district and circuit courts of the Commonwealth to protect the health and safety of court employees, litigants, judges, and the general public. The declaration began March 16 and has been extended through May 17, 2020. View Court Order.
The attached local order for Fredericksburg courts addresses transitioning to in person court proceedings beginning May 18, 2020. View Court Order.
The 15th Judicial Circuit Courts continue to suspend in-person court proceedings through May 17, 2020 with Clerk’s offices open on a limited basis for essential and emergency matters only. Personnel will be available to respond to telephonic inquires and process electronic filings, if available. View Court Order. Call your specific court for further instructions.
Community Planning and Building:
June 10 – City Council and Planning Commission joint public hearings --- 7:30pm – 10:00pm (emeeting). Please see public notices.
June 17 – Planning Commission regular meeting –- 7:30pm – 10:00pm (emeeting, and, in addition, may be in-person session, TBD)
June 24 – Planning Commission regular meeting --- 7:30pm – 10:00pm (emeeting, and, in addition, may be in-person session, TBD)
July 8 – Planning Commission regular meeting --- 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm (Meeting format TBD)
Technical Review Committee meetings are being conducted electronically on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month until further notice.
Economic Development and Tourism:
The Fredericksburg Visitor Center located at 706 Caroline Street is closed until June 10, 2020.
Fredericksburg Regional Transit (Fred Bus):
FRED Transit Service Update - Effective 3/23/2020 FRED Transit will be operating on a modified service schedule. See schedule information below:
Read Full Notice and All Route Summaries Here
D1 - See Modified Schedule Here
D2 - See Modified Schedule Here
D4 - See Modified Schedule Here
D5 & D3 - See Modified Schedule Here
F1 - See Modified Schedule Here
F2 - See Modified Schedule Here
F3 - See Modified Schedule Here
S1 - See Modified Schedule Here
S4 - See Modified Schedule Here
S5 - See Modified Schedule Here
Parks, Recreation and Events:
- Dorothy Hart Community Center - closed
- Rentals of Parks available at half capacity
- Motts Run Reservoir - closed for the season (except for trails)
- Buffett Swimming Pool - closed for the season
- Ourdoor recreation programs have been modified. Please check our registration page.
- Heritage Festival 4th of July Events in downtown Fredericksburg have been cancelled.
- Fall Sports are cancelled for this fall.
- Parks, Recreation and Events Office Staff is available by phone 540-372-1086 and email on Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- All trails and parks remain open. Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines!
- Public restrooms in City parks and at the Visitor Center are open.
- Fredericksburg Farmers Market at Hurkamp Park
- New programs for leisure and sports are being planned, watch for registration information in August
Please feel free to contact us with questions at 540-372-1086 and email during office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Fredericksburg Police Department Records Office is closed to the public until further notice. Fingerprinting services are also suspended until further notice. Questions? Here’s how to reach us:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 540-654-1165
- Fax: 540-372-1177
The Records Office staff will be available for assistance Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Special Pickup service is temporarily suspended during the staff reassignments to comply with social distancing requirements. Residents may take items to Belman Road Recycling Center or Landfill.
R-Board Residential Convenience Centers
Effective April 1, the residential convenience centers at Eskimo Hill and Belman Road will be closed on Sundays and Mondays. Residents: if your schedule permits please visit the Eskimo Hill Landfill or the Belman Convenience Center on Tuesday through Friday, when it is less populated. Expect layout changes at Eskimo Hill to limit the number of people who can be at one dumpster, to enforce social distancing requirements.
- Reduce your time on our site: if you usually come in every week, consider making trips every two - three weeks if possible.
- Do not linger and keep at least 6 ft. distance from others.
- Bag any household trash to ensure it doesn’t blow away or otherwise become litter.
- Due to social distance guidelines, be aware that our staff will not be able to assist in unloading.
- Please be aware that the rules at the facility are subject to change to ensure we are keeping staff and residents safe while also providing waste disposal outlets.
Reduced Residential Hours:
TEMPORARILY CLOSED: Sunday - Monday (Effective April 1, 2020)
Tuesday– Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Regional Landfill’s Administrative Offices at 473 Eskimo Hill Road are closed to the public. Please contact us by phone at 540-658-5279 or email RBoard@StaffordCountyVA.gov for assistance.
The Department of Social Services is closed to the public. Our employees will be working their regular schedules. Please refer to the information below:
- To apply for SNAP, Medicaid, TANF or Child Care go to www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or call (855) 635-4370.
- If you have paperwork to drop off, please place in the secure receptacle located outside the entrance of the Social Services building at 608 Jackson Street.
- If you have a question about your benefits case – call your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- If you had an appointment, please contact your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- To make a child protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (800) 552-7096.
- To make an adult protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (888) 832 – 3858.