Operating Status and Schedule Changes
City Government buildings are still closed to public access. City departments are available for your needs; and phone and emails are being answered.
Departments have posted schedule changes, meeting cancellations and other important information below:
Boards and Commissions:
The City is working with Boards and Commissions to delay or schedule virtual meetings.
***Updated: January 7, 2021***
Effective 12/30-2020 - 1/8/2021 - Due to the rise of Covid cases in the area, Fredericksburg General District Court is continuing all traffic, criminal and civil cases other than emergency matters. Visit http://www.courts.state.va.us/ or call the court for details.
Effective 1/11/21 through 1/15/21 - Due to the rise of COVID cases locally, Fredericksburg General District Court is continuing traffic, criminal-other than emergency matters and select civil cases. Visit vacourts.gov or call the court for details.
In-Person Court Proceedings
See current court orders here
Beginning May 18, 2020 transitioning to in person court proceedings may begin. View Court Order.
Community Planning and Building:
Technical Review Committee meetings are being conducted in person and electronically in the 3rd floor conference room of the Executive Center on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month until further notice.
Fredericksburg Regional Transit (Fred Bus):
See updated schedule information at http://www.ridefred.com/
Parks, Recreation and Events:
- Dorothy Hart Community Center - closed
- Rentals of Parks available at half capacity
- Outdoor recreation programs have been modified. Please check our registration page.
- Parks, Recreation and Events Office Staff is available by phone 540-372-1086 and email on Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- All trails and parks remain open. Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines!
- Public restrooms in City parks and at the Visitor Center are open.
Please feel free to contact us with questions at 540-372-1086 and email during office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm.
Fredericksburg Police Department Records Office is closed to the public until further notice. Fingerprinting services are also suspended until further notice. Questions? Here’s how to reach us:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 540-372-1165
- Fax: 540-372-1177
The Records Office staff will be available for assistance Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The Department of Social Services is closed to the public. Our employees will be working their regular schedules. Please refer to the information below:
- To apply for SNAP, Medicaid, TANF or Child Care go to www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or call (855) 635-4370.
- If you have paperwork to drop off, please place in the secure receptacle located outside the entrance of the Social Services building at 608 Jackson Street.
- If you have a question about your benefits case – call your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- If you had an appointment, please contact your caseworker directly. If you don’t know your caseworker, call (540) 372-1032 and press 0.
- To make a child protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (800) 552-7096.
- To make an adult protective services complaint between 8:00am and 4:30pm, call (540) 940-2401 or (540) 372-1032 x298. After hours, call (888) 832 – 3858.