Clogged Sewers

If your sewer backs up, please call the Public Works Department at 540-372-1023. A crew can make sure that blockage is not in the city-owned portion of the pipe before you incur the expense of a private plumber. If you call this number after hours, the answering machine message will direct you to call the Police non-emergency number (540-373-3122) and Police Dispatcher will contact appropriate on-call crew member.

REMEMBER NO WIPES IN THE PIPES! Stopping clogs starts with you!


See more information on Wipes HERE

Sewer Cleanout

It is also a good idea for all property owners and tenants to become familiar with the general layout of their plumbing system-especially the location of the sewer cleanout.