Board of Zoning Appeals
The purpose of the Board of Zoning Appeals is to hear and decide administrative appeals, grant variances, interpret the boundaries of the zoning map, and to grant such special exceptions.
- Third Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
January and February public hearings on the fourth Monday of the month due to City Offices being closed for holidays.
- City Hall, Council Chambers
715 Princess Anne St.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Five members, city residency required. Council submits nominations to the Circuit Court for approval. Term of office is five years, except that original appointments shall be made for such terms that the term of one member shall expire each year.
- Matthew Muggeridge 1st Term: 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2024
- James "Jay" Jarrell, III - 2nd Term: 01/01/2017 - 12/31/21
- Stephen Eubanks - 1st Term: 08/01/2019 - 12/31/2023
- Dr, Roy Gratz 2nd Term: 11/10/2020 - 12/31/2025
- Tom O’Toole Alternate 1st Term: 12/12/2017 - 12/31/2022
- Helen P. Ross Alternate 1st Term: 08/01/2019 - 12/31/2023
Applicants must submit applications, along with the application fee, payable to the City of Fredericksburg, to the Planning Services Division. Please also submit seven copies of any plats, plans, and other supporting material. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Filing deadlines are established to allow sufficient time to process applications and comply with public notification requirements. Application must be complete by deadline in order to be heard on the corresponding meeting date. Public notices will appear in The Free Lance-Star.