Fredericksburg Arts Commission
- 6:30 pm
- Third Wednesday of each month
- Dorothy Hart Community Center
408 Canal Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Please use the following information for all virtual meetings.
Zoom Mobile phone call link: 1-301-715-8592, Code 97479198960#
January 20, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
February 17, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
March 17, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
April 21, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
May 19, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
June 16, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
July 21, 2021- Virtual Meeting
August 18, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
September 15, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
October 20, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
November 17, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
December 15, 2021 - Virtual Meeting
Sub Committee Meetings
Please check back for updated sub-committee meeting notices.
Arts Commission minutes are hosted on the Arts Commission website.
At the conclusion of the initial terms, members of the commission shall thereafter serve terms of 4 years each.
- 11 members in total.
- Four members shall be solicited from organizations within the city which develop projects in the arts.
- Two members shall be members of the City Council.
- One member shall be an employee of the City’s Tourism and Economic Development Department.
- Four members shall be at-large members, who do not need to live in the city, but must maintain an art studio or place of business related to the arts within the city.
- Council members and city staff employee shall serve at the pleasure of the Council.
- Two members representing nonprofit organizations and two of the at-large members shall be appointed to an initial term of two years. The remaining members shall be appointed for an initial term of four years each.
Sophia Constantine (At-Large)
Jay Downey (At-Large)
Carole Garmon (Org)
Kenneth Lecky (Org)
Jon McMillan (At-Large)
Alma Withers (At-Large)
Kerry Devine (Council Rep)
Jason Graham (Council Rep)
Jane Shelhorse (Staff Rep)
The purpose of the Fredericksburg Arts Commission is to provide leadership by and for city government in supporting arts and cultural affairs.
Public Sculpture Art Project
View our most recent public art installations online.
Arts Support Program - Funding Application
The Fredericksburg Arts Commission (FAC) seeks to support both new and established arts events and projects in the City of Fredericksburg that celebrate and expand the arts in our community. Applications for arts support must be received by the FAC by March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, and December 1st. The FAC reviews applications in April, July, October, and January. All financial support is dependent on approval by the FAC and all applicants will be notified of the FAC’s decision.
Creative Communities Partnership Grant - Funding Application
The Fredericksburg Arts Commission administers an annual Creative Communities Partnership Grant to City non-profit arts organizations (formerly called the Local Government Challenge Grant). The program is funded with City tax dollars and matching funds from the Virginia Commission for the Arts. Note that this is an operational grant for awardees; applications are not for specific projects or events. FY22 application deadline will be March 6, 2020.