Fredericksburg Arts Commission
January 16, 2019
February 20, 2019
March 20, 2019
April 17, 2019
May 22, 2019 (rescheduled)
June 19, 2019
July 17, 2019
August 21, 2019
September 18, 2019
October 16, 2019
November 20, 2019
December 18, 2019
Sub Committee Meetings
Please check back for updated sub-committee meeting notices.
Arts Commission minutes are hosted on the Arts Commission website.
At the conclusion of the initial terms, members of the commission shall thereafter serve terms of 4 years each.
- 11 members in total.
- Four members shall be solicited from organizations within the city which develop projects in the arts.
- Two members shall be members of the City Council.
- One member shall be an employee of the City's Tourism and Economic Development Department.
- Four members shall be at-large members, who do not need to live in the city, but must maintain an art studio or place of business related to the arts within the city.
- Council members and city staff employee shall serve at the pleasure of the Council.
- Two members representing nonprofit organizations and two of the at-large members shall be appointed to an initial term of two years. The remaining members shall be appointed for an initial term of four years each.
Sue Henderson (Org)
Sophia Constantine (At-Large)
Kenneth Lecky (Org)
Collette Caprara (Org)
Jay Downey (At-Large)
Carole Garmon (At-Large)
John Cunningham (At-Large)
Jason Graham (Council Rep)
Kerry Devine (Council Rep)
Kim Herbert (Staff Rep)
The purpose of the Fredericksburg Arts Commission is to provide leadership by and for city government in supporting arts and cultural affairs.
Public Sculpture Art Project
View our most recent public art installations online.
Arts Support Program - Funding Application
The Fredericksburg Arts Commission (FAC) seeks to support both new and established arts events and projects in the City of Fredericksburg that celebrate and expand the arts in our community. Applications for arts support must be received by the FAC by March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, and December 1st. The FAC reviews applications in April, July, October, and January. All financial support is dependent on approval by the FAC and all applicants will be notified of the FAC's decision.
Creative Communities Partnership Grant - Funding Application
The Fredericksburg Arts Commission administers an annual Creative Communities Partnership Grant to City non-profit arts organizations (formerly called the Local Government Challenge Grant). The program is funded with City tax dollars and matching funds from the Virginia Commission for the Arts. Note that this is an operational grant for awardees; applications are not for specific projects or events. FY20 application deadline will be March 1, 2019.