- 6:30 p.m. (Please note new meeting time)
- Third Thursday of each month
- Dorothy Hart Community Center
408 Canal Street .
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
No meeting is scheduled for November as the Volunteer Banquet is held then.
- December 20, 2018
- January 17, 2019
- February 21, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- April 18, 2019
- May 16, 2019
- June 20, 2019 - Meeting time 5:30 pm
- July 18, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- November (TBD) Award Ceremony no meeting
- December 19, 2019
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
This board has nine members, city residency is required.
- One member shall be a member of the council.
The council member representative shall serve at the pleasure of the council.
- One member shall be a senior citizen.
- One member shall be a school system representative.
- Remaining eight members shall serve a four-year term, expiring on June 30.
Planning & Supervision
The purpose of the Recreation Commission is to act as liaison between Parks and Recreation Department staff and the community. The Commission provides strategic guidance, reviews and advises department staff on policies, department budget submissions, yearly goals, programming and park needs. Members report and advocate to City Council on behalf of the Parks and Recreation Department.
The purposes and duties of the commission shall be as follows:
- Act as liaison between Parks and Recreation Department staff and the community.
- Provide forum for comment by Parks and Recreation Department staff and the community.
- Advise Parks and Recreation Department on yearly goals, park maintenance and development, park policy, and department budget submissions.
- Review Parks and Recreation Department programming, park needs, and department financial reports.
- Report and advocate to City Council on behalf of the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Provide Strategic Guidance to Parks and Recreation Department.
- Participate through a representative on all Parks and Recreation Department task forces.