The City is happy to announce a new Utility Billing System is coming the evening of July 11th! Key things to know as we transition to the new system:
- You have been assigned a NEW CUSTOMER NUMBER (find yours on our website here). Don’t forget to update your customer number with your bank if you use their online bill pay to pay your Utility Bill.
- You will also use your new customer number to login to the NEW ONLINE PAYMENT PORTAL - available beginning July 11th.
- Utility Bill payments can’t be combined with other payments until after we move the rest of the billing types (ex. Personal Property, Real Estate) to the new system. This is currently scheduled to be completed by April 2020.
- Online utility bill payments will not be available July 3rd-10th as we move to the new system. The Treasurer’s Office is ready to accept your payment during this time in person at 715 Princess Anne St (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), by phone 540-372-1001 (option 5), or by mail. We thank you in advance for your understanding as we upgrade our Utility Billing software and look forward to hearing what you think of our new system!
Landfill Fees to increase effective July 1, 2019. Read here for details from the R-Board.
DMV Connect is coming to serve you at 601 Caroline Street, 4th floor, on the 1st Thursday of every month, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. The walk-in services they offer are: Driver's Licenses, Identification Cards (adult & child), Disabled Parking Placards/Plates, Vehicle Titles, Address Changes, Vehicle Registrations, E-Z Pass Transponders, Compliance Summaries, Transcripts and Hunting & Fishing Licenses. Go to Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles for more information.
The Treasurer serves as a constitutional officer and is elected for a four-year term. The primary responsibility of the treasurer is the financial management of all city funds and assuring that they are processed and maintained with proper security and accounting controls in place.
Related responsibilities include:
- follow-up collection efforts concerning delinquent accounts
- maintenance and reconciliation of bank accounts
- investment of idle funds
- collection and transmittal of state funds to the Virginia Department of Taxation
The Fredericksburg City Treasurer's Office is proudly recognized as an accredited office by the Treasures Association of Virginia.
Tell Us How We're Doing
Customer service is important to us and we always want to know how we're doing. Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey. We appreciate your comments.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
FOIA requests pertaining to the Treasurer's Office may be submitted via email.