Summary of Article V of the City Code:
- All dogs, aged 4 months and older, are required by City Code to be licensed.
- Owners have 10 days to register dog(s) brought into the City.
- An individual owner may not own more than 4 dogs.
- Licenses are issued for a 1 year period, January 1 to December 31 and are available for sale beginning November 1 for the next calendar year.
- Owner must present to the Treasurer's Office proof of rabies vaccination from the veterinarian. Vaccination must be current.
- Owner must present proof of address to the Treasurer's Office.
- The license fees are as follows: