Voter Registration and elections
If you plan to vote early in-person or on Election Day do not request an absentee ballot.
If you do not have a Virginia DMV issued I.D. you may print out applications, utilizing the links below. Complete application, print, sign & date, and return to the Voter Registrar’s office. (Paper voter registration applications must be returned by mail or in person. Paper Vote by Mail applications may be returned by mail, in person, via email: email@example.com, or by fax: (540) 373-8381.
City of Fredericksburg Voters may return their own absentee ballot, absentee application, or voter registration application to the Official Voter Drop Box pictured above and located in front of the Executive Plaza, 601 Caroline St.
November 3, 2020 General Election Information
Check your absentee ballot status here: Virginia Voter Citizen Portal
Absentee applications & ballots will be mailed continuously through the application deadline, October 23, 2020. If you plan on voting early in-person or on Election Day, please do not request an absentee ballot.
- Monday, September 21-Friday, October 30 Early Voting at 601 Caroline Street; 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 15 Last day to register/update registration and vote in the November 3 election
- Friday, October 23 at 5:00 p.m. Application deadline to request Vote by Mail ballot be mailed to you
- Saturday, October 24 & October 31 Early voting at 601 Caroline Street; 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31 is the last day for in-person early voting.
- Tuesday, November 3 Election Day Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.
- List of I.D.'s used for Voting
Notice & Instructions for : Military and Overseas Voters
NOTICE: Social media network communications from this office will only be found on official City of Fredericksburg social media networks. Links to these networks may be found at the bottom of this page. #TrustedInfo2020
The Electoral Board has received well over 200 new applications to serve as Officers of Election for the November 3, 2020 General Election. Typically 35 Officers of Election are assigned to work in the five Polling Places on Election Day. The Board has been able to assign 75 Officers of Election to serve on November 3, 2020 ensuring a safe and fair election for our voters. If you have submitted an application and have not been assigned, we just want to say thank you. The response reflects the wonderful City we share.
Serve your community on Election Day as an Officer of Election! (no more applications are being accepted for the November 3, 2020 Election)