Jury Duty & Dates
Summons for Jury Duty
As the Circuit Court Judge assigns dates for jury trials individual jurors are randomly selected to report on a certain date and served those dates by Sheriff. The individual dates of service for a month are served by the Sheriff no later than the 20th of the proceeding month. If you do not receive notice of an individual date by the 20th, you have not been selected for jury service for the next month and you do not need to do anything. For further explanation please contact the Clerk 540-372-1066.
Below you will find the scheduled jury dates. Should any of these cases be settled ahead of time, we will update this list indicating that it is canceled. We will also update our daily recording. Should any additional dates be set, you will be advised.
You must attend each date for which you were summonsed. Appear by 8:45AM unless otherwise notified by the Clerk’s Office or indicated below. Report to the Fredericksburg Circuit Court using the main entrance of the building at 701 Princess Anne Street and bring valid identification. Notify the Deputy Sheriff at the entrance that you are appearing to serve as a juror.
For General Jury Information
Please review THE ANSWER BOOK FOR JURY SERVICE (PDF).
Pending You Need To Report:
- FEBRUARY 3 ~ PANEL 1 (2 DAYS)
- FEBRUARY 5 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
- FEBRUARY 6 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
- FEBRUARY 11 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
- FEBRUARY 18 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
- FEBRUARY 19 ~ PANEL 1 (2 DAYS)
- FEBRUARY 26 ~ PANEL 1 (2 DAYS)
Canceled Do Not Report:
- JANUARY 21 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
- JANUARY 22 ~ PANEL 1 (1 DAY)
Call 540-373-0411 for a recorded message 24 hours-a-day should you be in doubt regarding a scheduled jury date. Call the night before each Jury so you are up to date; the dates sometimes are canceled. Occasionally, Court is canceled the same day.
Please wear appropriate court attire. Jurors may bring their cell phones with them however no tablets, iPads, or laptops are permitted. Smoking is prohibited in all interior areas of the circuit courthouse.
Effective July 1, 2010, the law requires that the Clerk of Court verify the identity of each
juror. Please bring a valid form of identification with you when you appear. Valid forms of identification include:
- Virginia voter registration card
- Social Security Card
- Valid Virginia driver’s license
- Any identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of it’s political subdivisions, or the United Sates
- Any valid employee identification card containing your photograph
- If you are unable to provide one of these forms of identification, you will be required to sign a statement affirming, under penalty of perjury that you are the named juror.