Buffett Pool Facility Rules
- Capacity: As a matter of safety, the pool has a maximum number of patrons allowed in the pool area at a time. A sign will be posted when the pool is full, and as one person leaves, another may enter.
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited anywhere in the aquatic facility or immediately adjacent to the pool.
- Food and Beverages: Coolers may be brought into the pool area, but food must be consumed in the concession area only. ONLY closed container drinks will be allowed on the pool deck. Glass bottles or alcoholic beverages are not permitted in or around the pool facility.
- Chairs and Other Equipment: Folding chairs or umbrellas may be brought into pool area. The department will not be held responsible in any way for the operation of, damage to, or loss of such equipment.
- Drop off Policy: Children 12-17 years may be admitted without supervision provided they pass the swim test.
- Swim Tests: In order to enter the square section of the pool, or go down the slide, ALL patrons ages 17 or younger must first successfully complete our swim test.
- Proper Bathing Attire: Anyone, including infants, who enter the pool, must be wearing proper bathing attire. No thongs or cut offs. Questions about proper bathing attire may be addressed with the pool manager on duty. Showers are required before entering pool.
- Diaper Policy: Any child who wears a diaper must wear a "little swimmer" type of diaper with a bathing suit over it to go into the water.
- To protect your health, and that of other swimmers, you may not use the pool if you have an open wound or communicable disease (i.e. chicken pox, pink eye, poison ivy, etc).
- Play Toys: Aquatic play items are not permitted in pool. No motorized toys. No masks, snorkels, and fins permitted. However, lifeguards have the right to grant permission based on the capacity and current situation in the pool. After a designated number of people in the pool, no play toys will be allowed (water wings are not recommended for children to wear). An adult must be within arm’s reach of any child using a flotation device. For your child’s safety, ONLY flotation devices that have a seat and are Coast Guard approved will be permitted in the pool.
- Jewelry: Be advised that jewelry, especially piercing and dangling necklaces or earrings, is dangerous to wear while swimming.
- Safe Behaviors: No diving or jumping from pool sides. To prevent injuries, running and other dangerous activities are not permitted. No competitive breath holding or prolonged underwater swimming permitted.
- Adult Swim: Hourly adult swim is for adults 18 yrs and older.
- Bad Language: The use of foul language, obscenities or other vulgar or disrespectful language toward pool personnel or other patrons will not be permitted, and is cause for disciplinary action.
- Discipline: Any person that does not obey the facility rules, or fails to follow directions from the lifeguards will be asked to "sit out" from the pool. If behavior continues, the person will be asked to leave the pool facility for the day. Should that person’s behavior worsen, or should such behavior be continued on another day at the facility, the person shall be suspended from the aquatic facility for a time period of one (1) week to the entire season, depending on the severity of the infraction.
Aquatics staff are responsible for enforcing all pool rules; willful or repeated violators will be asked to leave and/or lose pool privileges for up to the entire season. Final determination of suitability of toys or behaviors shall be made by pool management. Pool may be closed as needed for weather or other incidents at the discretion of the City of Fredericksburg.