July 1, 2022, the 2018 Edition of the Virginia Construction Code (USBC) becomes effective in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the City of Fredericksburg. The 2018 Edition of the USBC references the 2018 edition of the International Building Code (IBC) and entire family of 2018 International Codes including the 2018 International Residential Code (IRC) as amended by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The current editions of the model codes that make up the USBC are:
- 2018 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code, (USBC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2018 International Building Code (as amended), (IBC)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2018 International Residential Code (IRC)
- Accessibility Regulations 2009: IBC Chapter 11
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- Code of Virginia Asbestos Regulations 36-99.7, USBC 110.3
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- 2017 National Electrical Code NEC (EC)
The 2018 Virginia Construction Codes may be viewed at the International Code Council website. (link to )
Codebooks may be purchased from the International Code Council website.
Copies of the current 2018 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) administrative section with amendments, are available free of charge from the Virginia Building and Code Officials Association (VBCOA).