The City is implementing NEW TAX BILLING SOFTWARE beginning August 22, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. What does this means for you, the taxpayer?
- First, the online payment portal for Utility Bills, and all other means of paying a Utility Bill, will not be affected during this time and will remain available for your use.
- Beginning 11:59 p.m. on August 22, the personal property and real estate tax online payment options will be temporarily unavailable through at least August 29. Any adjustment on this date will be announced here.
- Any tax bill with a due date of 8/31/2022 will be given until 9/7/2022 to pay without penalty.
- You may still access the online payment portal, www.fredericksburgva.gov, click Online Payments, to pay for parking citations or order VRE Parking Decals through the online system.
- While the online tax payment portal is down you may pay your tax bills by these methods:
- Mail checks to: Treasurer, PO Box 967, Fredericksburg VA 22401, along with your remittance coupon. No cash payments, please.
- Online Banking Payments – Continue to set up online banking payments via your bank’s website for a check to be mailed to the Treasurer’s Office.
- Drop Box located at City Hall to the right of the front door. No cash payments, please; include remittance coupon.
- In person at City Hall, 715 Princess Anne Street
- Remittance Coupon must be present
- Cash or check only
- No credit/debit cards accepted during our system upgrade
- The Treasurer’s Office will remain open to the public for in-person visits M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Treasurer’s staff will be available by telephone to answer any questions throughout the duration of the upgrade.
- No tax payments can be accepted by telephone because credit/debit card payment is not available during the system upgrade.
Please direct any additional questions you may have to Treasurer’s Staff at (540)372-1001, option 5.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we transition to a modern, updated software system!