Tents and Canopies

• What are the regulations for using tents and canopies?
For a list of all Rules and Regulations.

• My tent will be over 900 square feet, do I need it inspected?
Yes, please fill out the Application for Plan Examination and Building Permit and submit to Building and Development Services.
The Fire Marshall will also need to inspect the tent. Please contact Alan Crisp at Acrisp@fd.fredericksburgva.gov.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding tents, canopies, moon bounces or stages?
Please contact the Building Services Division at 540-372-1080.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental