Charging Admission

• If I am charging admission to my event, is there a tax I need to apply?
Yes. If admissions are to be charged to your event, a 6% Admission Tax will apply.
An Admissions Tax Registration Form must be completed prior to your event. After the completion of your event a Monthly Remittance Tax Form must be submitted to the Commissioner of Revenue’s office.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding admission taxes?
Sara Seitner, Excise Tax Department phone 540-372-1004 ext 216 or email for any questions concerning, Meals or Admissions tax.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental