Street and/or Parking Lot Closures

• Can I close a city street or parking lot for my event?
A special event application must be submitted for approval. 

• Do I need to notify the residences or businesses in the event area of my event?
For any major event that requires the closure of the public street for four hours or more, the event organizer shall provide notice of the event application to affected businesses and residents. A Notice of Proposed Temporary Street Closure and Opportunity to Comment must be delivered to all businesses and residents within the event area 30 days prior to your event. Please email a copy of this notice to Heather Hughes at prior to sending out.

• Typically, new events requesting a street closure of over 4 hours will only be considered when planned as annual events.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental