Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages

When open to the public Moon Bounce’s, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages are subject to permits and inspections in accordance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code. Please fill out the Application for Plan Examination and Building Permit and submit to Building and Development Services 540-372-1080.

• Will my moon bounce, inflatable amusement device, climbing wall or stage need to be inspected once it is put up?
Yes, please arrange a time for inspection prior to use. Inspection fees may occur. 

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding moon bounces, inflatable amusement devices, climbing walls and stages?
Please contact the Building Services Division at 540-372-1080.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental