• Can I serve alcohol at my event?
To serve alcohol at any event you need a permit from Virginia ABC.

• Is alcohol allowed in city parks?
With appropriate permit, alcoholic beverages are permitted at the following locations: Alum Springs Park, Dorothy Hart Community Center, Hurkamp Park, Maury Park, Old Mill Park, Riverfront Park, and W.L. Harris Park (if authorized by the Mayfield Civic Association). Alcohol IS NOT permitted at the following park locations under any circumstances: Motts Reservoir Park, Memorial Recreation Park, Snowden Playground Dixon Park and Riverside Drive Park.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need an Expression of Speech Event Permit?
3. What if it is a private event?
4. Do I need a Residential Block Party Permit?
5. What fees are required for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Do I need a Film Permit?
9. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
10. Maps
11. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
12. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
13. Tents and Canopies
14. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
15. Food and Vendors
16. Alcohol
17. Generators
18. Charging Admission
19. Advertising
20. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
21. Security
22. Insurance
23. No Parking Signs and Barricades
24. Restrooms
25. General Requirements for Dumpster/Container/Toilet
26. Equipment Rental