Charging Admission

• If I am charging admission to my event, is there a tax I need to apply?
Yes. If admissions are to be charged to your event, a 6% Admission Tax will apply.
An Admissions Tax Registration Form must be completed prior to your event. After the completion of your event a Monthly Remittance Tax Form must be submitted to the Commissioner of Revenue’s office.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding admission taxes?
Sara Seitner, Excise Tax Department phone 540-372-1004 ext 216 or email for any questions concerning, Meals or Admissions tax.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need a Block Party Permit?
3. Film Permit
4. Expression of Speech Events
5. What fees might be incurred for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
9. Maps
10. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
11. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
12. Tents and Canopies
13. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
14. Food and Vendors
15. Alcohol
16. Generators
17. Charging Admission
18. Advertising
19. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
20. Security
21. Insurance
22. No Parking Signs and Barricades
23. Restrooms
24. Equipment Rental