No Parking Signs and Barricades

• Do I need no parking signs or barricades for my event?
Any event that will close a city street for any given amount of time will require the event organizer to obtain No Parking signs and Barricades from the Department of Parks, Recreation and Events. The Equipment Rental Form can be found here.

• Where can I pick up the signs or barricades?
No Parking signs and barricades can be picked up at the Dorothy Hart Community Center at 408 Canal Street, Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM till 8:00 PM and Friday 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM.

• Who can I contact if I have questions regarding No Parking signs and barricades?
Please contact Sammy Walker at or at 540-372-1086 ext. 308.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a Special Event Application?
2. Do I need a Block Party Permit?
3. Film Permit
4. Expression of Speech Events
5. What fees might be incurred for my special event?
6. City Parks and Trails
7. Trash and Recycling
8. Street and/or Parking Lot Closures
9. Maps
10. Events with over 1,000 Estimated Guests
11. Events with over 2,000 Estimated Guests
12. Tents and Canopies
13. Moon Bounce, Inflatable Amusement Devices, Climbing Walls, and Stages
14. Food and Vendors
15. Alcohol
16. Generators
17. Charging Admission
18. Advertising
19. Do I need a noise ordinance waiver?
20. Security
21. Insurance
22. No Parking Signs and Barricades
23. Restrooms
24. Equipment Rental